Records not found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records not found

I am having some trouble with nested grids showing Records not found and if that is the case i would like to show just a message or nothing at all. Is this possible, I am working with nested grids

Thanks

Try removing the no records message from your grid app

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by kafecadm View Post
      Try removing the no records message from your grid app

Regards
      Just stumbled on the need to do this, can you throw more light? For Form apps it can be done at Application ==> Messages but there is no such option with either of the parent or embedded grids.

Comment

in your grid SQL Statement... ther is an option "Use Customized Message" set that to yes... and leave the field blank.

REgards

Comment

Originally posted by kafecadm View Post
          in your grid SQL Statement... ther is an option "Use Customized Message" set that to yes... and leave the field blank.

REgards
          Doh! Thanks

Comment

Is there a way to still return the column headers but display nothing in the rows? I would like to maintain the look when there are no records, rather than an empty space.

Comment

you can use a complex query to do so... but I wouldn't recommend it... try using something like this in your sql statement

PHP Code:
              SELECT a,b,c,d
              FROM   mytable
              UNION ALL
              SELECT 
              '','','','' 
              that way you will always have a blank statement the other way is to use a conditional query

PHP Code:
              if (!exists('select * from mytable')
              {

select '','','',''
              }
              else
              {

select from mytable

I've encountered problems with the second way in sql so I would of think twice about doing it.

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X