Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charset not working on Prod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charset not working on Prod

    Hi All,
    i have a problem with Charset in prod live, what is getting is only ??????????????

    inside scriptcase everything is working fine and view as should be

    more details :

    i put Charset in all my applications UTF8
    also client_encoding UTF8

    Database Collation utf8_unicode_ci

    Problem with Arabic Languish

    when viewing on the screen result comes with ???????

    when make a new date result come okay but at the database side will be wrong with strange characters !

    can anyone tell me what i did wrong, and how to fix it please


    regards
    Last edited by walid; 04-21-2015, 10:17 AM. Reason: Solved

  • #2
    Production charset does not save

    development charset is set to Latin1. production charset is set to armscii8. If I change from armscii8 to Latin1 and press save, it does not change from armscii8.

    why?

    Grid displays some characters as garbage in production. Displays fine in development. ????

    Comment


    • #3
      I had the same problem, your connection charset must be the same as project charset, database charset and applications charset, otherwise it doesn't change it

      see here to be sure of charset


      http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...highlight=utf8

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nacyil View Post
        I had the same problem, your connection charset must be the same as project charset, database charset and applications charset, otherwise it doesn't change it

        see here to be sure of charset


        http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...highlight=utf8
        My Charset in database the same as applications Charset " development same as production" , but it is not working
        in development everything is working fine, but in production not , i only see like this "?????????"
        if i enter a new data through production , in the screen i t will be ok, but in the database it will be show characters in strange way!
        please if anyone know how to fix this to tell us , i am in final stage to submit the project to my client

        Comment


        • #5
          does it change if you change your unicode to windows-1256 manually?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
            does it change if you change your unicode to windows-1256 manually?
            No, same problem

            Comment


            • #7
              Are you using mysql?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                Are you using mysql?
                Yes, I am using MYSQL

                Comment


                • #9
                  okay, one more thing you can do is got to your mysql engine and (live) - make a copy of your db first - then change the charset directly on the tables, from operations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                    okay, one more thing you can do is got to your mysql engine and (live) - make a copy of your db first - then change the charset directly on the tables, from operations.
                    Thanks Mike,
                    i already try that, also not working. i will try to upload to another server and see if this will work fine or will be same



                    regards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No. Other server with same components will be the same. Why im saying this because I faced it with a customer RTL language, problem was sovled easily, but let me point something else, how about the font used? Check if ur used font is Arial it usually work best in different enviornments

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                        No. Other server with same components will be the same. Why im saying this because I faced it with a customer RTL language, problem was sovled easily, but let me point something else, how about the font used? Check if ur used font is Arial it usually work best in different enviornments
                        i check the fonts, and by default it is Arial, still did not work !!!

                        i have check every possible things i know to make this work, but nothing change !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i upload it to another server and it worked fine just it should be.

                          i did the following :
                          i upload the data to my local MySQL through MySQL workbench first, and i make sure the database UTF8 general and also i make sure that font used is Arial as MIke Advice.
                          and test it through scriptcase Dev.
                          i took a copy from MYSQL through MySQL workbench upload it to live server.
                          and worked fine .
                          i will make the same thing for the old server and update you if also will work .

                          best regards

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for the update, you should know the differences between bother servers then, because as I mentioned before, tried it with a customer earlier with RTL language and worked fine from first try, no issues faced.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X