Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change the way you enter numeric data?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change the way you enter numeric data?

Hi,

Until now, I have just accepted that you enter numeric data into SC fields in what is probably the default way.

That is that to get say $11.00 would be keyboard presses 1100 and then tab off.

Can you set the fields to accept say keyboard presses of 11 and then tab off and SC would add the decimal point and the 00 ?

Thanks

Tony

Indeed you can

Screenshot below of the settings for a field - set to accept 2 decimal places, and if just a whole number provided to "autofill" the zeros... - Note the length is set to 5, so will only accept up to "99.99" - so adjust that if your numbers will be bigger. You can also ignore the calculator setting if you don't the calculator icon to appear next to the field.

Also change "Accept" if you want to allow negative numbers too - bear in mind the "minus" sign may also come into play re the length mentioned above if you do (not sure though).

The specific setting you asked about though is the last one in that section.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by adz1111; 05-14-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks,

I missed the Auto complete zeros setting - now it is back to my expected behaviour.

See ya

Tony

Comment

Working...
      X