Newbie question about production databases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question about production databases

I was playing with deployment and ftp'ed my sample project to my production server. I appears that the DB is not part part of the deployment and must be manually uploaded? It asks for the db name and password but it does not actually copy the db and it must be done manually, is that correct?

Also The db's for the sample projects appear to be be innodb instead of myisam. Is there a way to specify that during creation of the sample db on the development server?

Thanks!

Originally posted by webguyz View Post
    I was playing with deployment and ftp'ed my sample project to my production server. I appears that the DB is not part part of the deployment and must be manually uploaded? It asks for the db name and password but it does not actually copy the db and it must be done manually, is that correct?

Also The db's for the sample projects appear to be be innodb instead of myisam. Is there a way to specify that during creation of the sample db on the development server?

Thanks!
    Scriptcase does not ship with a pre-defined database. In development you have to install your own. In production it's a similar story. To move your schema you can dump it from scriptcase with the included database tool and import it on your production site. then you go to the administrators section of your application (useually it starts up automatically the first time) and apply the connection settings.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
    X