Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing - Groups/Applications: pdf missing

Good afternoon,

Odd problem that works fine in development environment. Accessing a grid, there's a check box next to the records. You can select a record by checking it, and then clicking on a button to Print the selected record. Works fine - variable is being set and passed correctly and pdf looks great.

In production however, after selecting the record and clicking on the Print button, I get an error: "TCPDF ERROR: TCPDF requires the Imagick or GD extension to handle PNG images with alpha channel."

Last time I saw this error, I believe it was because permissions weren't set properly in the Groups/Applications portion of the portal. But when I go to set permissions in Groups/Applications, the pdf application that is called (with the Print button) can not be found?? I can't set permissions to allow users access to that application, so that's probably what's causing the error, but how do I find the missing application??

I confirmed the application (directory and files) are on the production server. Also re-deployed the project thinking maybe the one application didn't generate correctly....but still the same problem. I'm unable to locate the pdf application in the Groups/Applications settings in order to allow users access, even though the files do indeed exist.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance...

-- Edit --
    I just went into the security table and added access manually. But still getting the error. Searching the error points to a PHP issue on the server, but other Scriptcase pdf applications pop up just fine. That noted, the problem application is a newer application to the project, and all applications reside on a new container (Ubuntu 14.04 on master server and on the container server).

-- Edit 2 --
    I deployed the project on the old server for kicks (Fedora 12) and it all works perfectly...which indicates to me it's a server issue. But why then, do all the other PDF applications work fine on the new server, except for this one? Any ideas on where to look would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by mslatter; 05-28-2015, 04:26 PM.

As the error message says, the GD extension for php is missing and you have to install it.

As you are on an Ubuntu server, this should do it

sudo apt-get install php5-gd
    sudo service apache2 restart

jsb

Comment

Originally posted by jsbinca View Post
      As the error message says, the GD extension for php is missing and you have to install it.

As you are on an Ubuntu server, this should do it

sudo apt-get install php5-gd
      sudo service apache2 restart

jsb

JSB,

Thanks for the information, and what an easy fix! It was actually on my list as the next thing to 'try' this morning if there was no response to this plea - I never like to install unnecessary stuff on our servers. All my other Scriptcase generated pdf applications worked fine on the same server - that was what confused me here. Still doesn't make sense to me, but at this point, it's working and ultimately that's all that matters <grin>

Thanks again! Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X