Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has webinar on version 8.1 features been uploaded yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has webinar on version 8.1 features been uploaded yet?

I see a Portuguese version has been uploaded, but is there an English version yet?

Tony

Don't know when will be available in english, but 8.1 looks promising. I talked with Marcia before about it, but it has more feautres I didn't know about it.
    V 8.1 ... now, with more bugs ..

Just kidding.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

If there was no bugs and no issues, then we would not have a nice community to help each other out every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by fiscal View Post
        If there was no bugs and no issues, then we would not have a nice community to help each other out every now and then
        Totally agree

Because portuguese is something similar to spanish, I will try to get some time to translate to english.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
          Totally agree

Because portuguese is something similar to spanish, I will try to get some time to translate to english.
          I would wait a bit longer before doing that. It was last friday so allow Marcia some time. You can make jokes around bugs, but that's my main conceirn. I was offered to beta test but it appears that they want to release by the end of this month. But the beta is not available yet. So suppose I get it somewhere this week and I can start testing it next week, how much time does SC have to fix the found issues and allow us to retest before release? That's simply impossible. That being said, if we are not given a decent amount of time for testing I have said to marcia that we are not interested in performing a beta test. To me this is a repetative move, I've seen this before from 5->6 and from 6->7 and from 7->8. We tested version 7, found real showstoppers, but the day we reported them version 7 was released... with the showstoppers. Version 8 was deployed without a beta. Fortunately Marcia was more vague in her webinar and told that SC would not release it before being ready, but I fear that the management of SC has their own ideas about that. If they are wise they will allow a few powerusers to have one to two months of testing and release after the holiday period. We'll see.

It was only a presentation of sheets, we haven't seen V8.1 in real action. Some points
          Support for PHP 5.6
          Improvements in mobile devices.
          Improvement on library management, uploading etc.
          Improvement on css library management (bootstrap)
          Improvement helpcase
          Improved accessability with ip checking etc.
          new issues are webservices in macro's, but they are not using wsdl loading and generating so I'm very curious how they see that working, afaik it's just predefined services like Google and Brazilian payment gateways (besides PayPal)
          multi series charts, BI is an important goal for them, but if it works it's realy cool.

I probabely are forgetting some things, but it's an idea.

A lot of the time went into discussions.
          Last edited by aducom; 06-02-2015, 07:23 AM.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hi Guys,

As fan of Prezi I found this some minutes ago.
            http://prezi.com/pvkodjkmdomq/?utm_c...py&rc=ex0share
            Seems to be fresh made by Marcia.

More or less what aducom told.

Regards,

Alex

Comment

The video is on youtube now. Before having too much expectations, it's mainly a view of prezi slides and (a lot of) discussion.
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
              X