No announcement yet.

More deployment woes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More deployment woes

I'm on a server (LAMP) where we have two other SC8 developed projects running.

Today I tried for a third project, using the same database as the other two., but running in a sub-domain. The project has just ONE unsecured application, a grid. The application is named "grid_cemdbsearch

I get to the scriptcase log in page. Then there is a delay resulting in

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
    Cookies are not disabled in the browser.

I notice the browser has been given a strange URL string in the address bar:

If this is a new feature introduced into SC8.00.0047 it would be nice if it were removed.

Alternatively if anyone has a workaround or suggestion how to successfully deploy an application with SC8.00.0047 I'd be eternally grateful

The GuiGuy
    ... from Down Under

Are you trying to use the same prod environment?

About 047 deploying, you must be more specific. I deploy 047 apps without troubles

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

OK, after several days of this and just about ready to give up, here's what I did:

1) from one of the working projects on the server I copied _lib across to the new project's sub directory. The projects share the same database.
      2) I cleared the browser's cache and it worked.

Nevertheless, SC's deployment has always been hit and miss for me. I can think of at least three projects I tossed into the bin because deployment would not work.
      The GuiGuy
      ... from Down Under