Why is there no copy application function -- in lieu of version control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there no copy application function -- in lieu of version control

There is no easy version control for SC.
    See this thread: http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...ersion-control .

In the thread is given a way that one can backup and revert to an earlier version of ones projects, which is good if something drastic happens to ones ScriptCase projects.

In a different scenario one may wish to go back to an earlier version of a single application within a project. This may for example be if one is exploring several ways of designing the application in the development phase. In this case one might have a basis version of an application, make a copy and change that. Then go back to the basis version and make another copy to work on, etc. However, I don't find any way to make a copy of an application in the SC IDE.

Perhaps there is another easy way to make a copy that I just haven't seen as a new user?
    Best regards,

Frank

In scriptcase you can export applications. Also if you go to File you can restore your application depending on a date, so SC does keep versions. And you can create new version of your application where you can revert between versions. Lots of options, and you need to find out what suits you best. Simply a matter of trying and deciding.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks, I see how that can be used for handling versions of applications.
      I never looked much into it as I thought that the import/export was intended for just moving whole projects between SC development installations or perhaps restoring a full project and not the individual applications.
      Best regards,

Frank

Comment

Yes, it takes a while to get to know the product. As there are no separate files svn simply doesn't work.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
        X