No announcement yet.

Place Buttons in form app as fields ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place Buttons in form app as fields ??

Hi,

Buttons are placed in header or footer toolsbar , but is it possible to place buttons in blocks as we place fields ???

Thanks
    Nac

Not without coding. I started to work on a lib to do this, but because lack of time Is right now abandoned. I will try to look at code and see in wich state is.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
      Not without coding. I started to work on a lib to do this, but because lack of time Is right now abandoned. I will try to look at code and see in wich state is.

Thanks Giu, if you found something please share it.
      I will try also in my side.

Comment

To let the text field act as a button, you can create an on-click ajax event on a the field. Create a label by giving the field a default value and make it readonly. Use CSS of field to make it more look like a button. I haven't tried this but should work.

Comment

Originally posted by rienkdevries View Post
          To let the text field act as a button, you can create an on-click ajax event on a the field. Create a label by giving the field a default value and make it readonly. Use CSS of field to make it more look like a button. I haven't tried this but should work.

Thanks riendevries, I will try it

Comment

I have a work around which is something I have just done. it will works with a select field. choose the field you want create the select and choose link (you can link to any forms)

I then change the button text (default is edit) in Javascript form onload with $('#fldedt_id_your_field').text('yourtext'); I then hide the field using $("#id_sc_field_id_your_field").css('display','non e'); and you are just left with a button in the field.

Hope this helps.

the only problem I have is the variable only passes to the calling form on update not insert I'm working to resolve this.
            Last edited by Mescart; 07-08-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X