Devel of first project almost complete-thinking about hosting now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devel of first project almost complete-thinking about hosting now

As development of my first SC draws close, I'm starting to think about finding a cloud based hosting provider. I've read a lot of forum posts that related to challenges in the deployment phase of their project. To attempt to minimize my problems, I'm asking if anyone has had excellent experiences with a hosting provider that I should consider.

My project is to be run for people in the United States.

Thanks
    Ed

Wow, no one has replied with positive experiences with cloud hosting providers.

What if I ask instead, What advice would you give me when selecting a hosting provider for SC?
    Thanks
    Ed

Comment

Hello emilner this is kinda heavy question man maybe that's why you haven't get replied:

Firstly, in theory any hoster works for you, to be honest with you I have used godaddy, hostgator and hoo.st with no problems at all, even mediatemplate. but that only because those hostings worked for me..

Secondly.. you should ask yourself several things:

- What kind of application I wanna host
      - What kind of people will use my application
      - Do I need high availability?
      - Do I need advanced services or any specific tool such as CRM self integration?.

These are simply a few of the many questions you should answer before selecting a hoster. tho I have to say that most hosters have the minimun requirements for SC applications to run propertly.

Thirdly... $$$$$ is always an issue...

So as you can see We might give you a list of hosters but at the very end you should do your own research.

regards

Comment

Thank you kafecadm.

I've been doing software development long enough to know there are often new surprises that will bite me when I do something new.

I'm finding I have a Love / Hate relationship with SC. I've had enough challenges in my first dev project that I am trying to minimize them in the deployment phase.

I do appreciate your taking the time to answer.
        Much appreciated.
        Ed

Comment

I woul like to add to kafe words.
          SC apps are webapps not webpages. Normally focused on intranet solution and a lot of times are deployed on local servers instead shared hostings.

I know about Spanish hosting providers, but obviously, is not suitable for us to use USA hosters, for this reason I cant give an opinion about them

SC projects requirements are almost just php5.4 basically, for this reason, any hosting solution is good.
          /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
          Some Customers opinions

Comment

oh btw I forgot to tell you... If you are looking for a hosting nearby you... try with Hostway... they have their datacenters around tampa bay florida >.< and their Security Solutions is not bad at all.

regards

Comment

Hi Emilner, just curious here. So which hosting provider did you end up with?

Comment

Hello,

A week ago I deployed my application(just for trial) in DigitalOcean ($5 Droplet) and use Mandrill as SMTP provider. Yes it is working well and fast enough for small application.

Comment

Working...
                X