This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post
    MikeDE, the performance of PHP 5.6 worth it every trouble you will pass to configure the new enviorment. Belive me.
    well, i am excited to try it too, now i have the 8.1 with 5.4, how i can just get the php 5.6 and keep my recently updated 8.1 i mean the easiest way... can i run the installer and override my sc installation?

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
    I assume that if you use SC 8.1 with PHP 5.6 to generate apps, then the production environment you deploy to must also be running PHP 5.6?
    i've been asking this for the last week, nobody gave me useful info yet

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
      well, i am excited to try it too, now i have the 8.1 with 5.4, how i can just get the php 5.6 and keep my recently updated 8.1 i mean the easiest way... can i run the installer and override my sc installation?
      Read my latest post. If you are under windows, easiest way is use PHP5.6 SC8.1 installer, and import your projects.

i've been asking this for the last week, nobody gave me useful info yet
      I didn't tried because I'm migrating my deploys to php 5.6, but I assume production is PHP5.4+
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

thanks Giu, i read your last post
        now i have my main scriptcase upgraded to 8.1 ok but still on php 5.4
        if i go new isntallation, i will need to import a lot of things, i have 10k of icons and images and many test projects all in my 8.1 now... also i have themes, html templates and a lot of stuff which i don't want to start over and waste time
        need is to upgrade the php only to 5.6 so i get the performance improvement, any idea will be appreciated, i think if try the installer and override the current version will do? but not sure,,, anybody tried sometimes else?

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
          I assume that if you use SC 8.1 with PHP 5.6 to generate apps, then the production environment you deploy to must also be running PHP 5.6?
          We could use some new parameters of 5.6 and stuff, but we kept our code according to 5.4.

This means that the production enviorment doesnt need to be 5.6, but, the same performance gain will apply to the production enviorment, if it uses PHP 5.6.
          In most cases deployed apps will run smoother with 5.6 enviorment then 5.4.
          Regards,
          Cavadinha

Development Team
          Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Cavadinha, can u advise how to upgrade to 5.6 and keep the 8.1 intact... please see my previous reply and advise

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
              thanks Giu, i read your last post
              now i have my main scriptcase upgraded to 8.1 ok but still on php 5.4
              if i go new isntallation, i will need to import a lot of things, i have 10k of icons and images and many test projects all in my 8.1 now... also i have themes, html templates and a lot of stuff which i don't want to start over and waste time
              need is to upgrade the php only to 5.6 so i get the performance improvement, any idea will be appreciated, i think if try the installer and override the current version will do? but not sure,,, anybody tried sometimes else?
              I understand. Well, you can do a complete SC backup (from configuration) instead export project. It exports all SC items (projects included).

Right now don't know if there are better option (and don't know if scriptcase core is different between php versions) but, you can try, for example:
              install scphp5.6
              rename scriptcase inside wwwroot folder to sc56...
              Take youre scriptcase folder inside you sc54 wwwrot folder and copy to wwwroot php56 folder.
              now open local host scriptcase for php56 and check I its all ok.
              /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

ok here is what i've done so far,

installed fresh 8.1 from installer on different directory of version 8.0

tried to backup general from 8.0 from settings > backup, gave me

The requested URL /scriptcase/devel/iface/admin_serv_backup2.php was not found on this server

tried to copy this file of the backup from the other the 8.1 (backup2.php) and copy it to 8.0 -no luck, i was caught

so now i have 8.1 (upgraded from 8.0) functining well with php 5.4 - all projects, themes, icons, customization... all ok

and my fresh 8.1 is new, no license, no projects no icons, no themes, nothing i could do to import my themes and customized stuff from 8.0 yet

still stuck actually

and yeah, something else... the interface of 8.1 is better than 8.0 upgraded to 8.1... even the icons and the toolbar of the IDE is different, so is better to work on the new one 8.1 with php 5.6 but still everything i have as i said, specially the themes and customized stuff all projcts are in the old one 8.1. ....

so still need help here, any other suggestion?
                Last edited by MikeDE; 07-25-2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Just a quick clarification: to deploy 8.1 apps to an existing 8.0 production environment, I would have to deploy the whole app afresh right? i.e. _lib folder especially. In other words I cannot expect the 8.1 apps to work with the 8.0 _lib folder?

Comment

Thank you Giuseppe
                    changing theme it works well
                    bye
                    Gio

Comment

Fatal Error

Hi, Mr. Gui...
                      A few days ago, I updated my SC version to 8.1. And as suggested, I made manual backup to my scriptcase folder in .zip format.
                      While, I was working, the error occurs :
                      "Fatal error: This file has expired. in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lang/en-us/App.lang.php on line 0"
                      Then, I logout and tried to login again. But, I can't login. The error occur, ie:
                      "Fatal error: This file has expired. in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/error.inc.php on line 0"

So, I decided to get back to the previous version (ver.8).
                      Now, I have already rollback my scriptcase installation to the previous version. But, the error is still occurs, like this :
                      "Fatal error: This file has expired. in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/error.inc.php on line 0"

So, what is the problem? Please help me, because I can not working with my scriptcase now.
                      Thank You.

Comment

tx u..very helpful
                        Bali accommodation packages

Comment

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post
                          Nice Giu.
                          This post will remain sticked for newer users knows how to upgrade and succesfully roll-back in case of problems.
                          Yeah you right Cavadinha that info is correct for every new user
                          Last edited by ashtonbrady45; 11-21-2015, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Team,

I wish I had this info before upgrading although most of the direct updates have worked with no problems. In fact I once backed-up my project and restored and was shocked that I lost all my layout formatting. I had to repeat all my forms.

However, following upgrade to version 8.1.039 I experienced many problems with dates upon generating source code. The following is an abstract;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\AutoGUser s\form_valuations\form_valuations_apl.php on line 6335

$comando_multiul = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM valuations_photos WHERE p_val_id = " . $this->id . "";
                            $_SESSION['scriptcase']['sc_sql_ult_comando'] = $comando_multiul;
                            $this->trans_date = $old_value_trans_date;
                            $this->expirydate = $old_value_expirydate;
                            $this->valuation_fee = $old_value_valuation_fee;
                            $this->datereg = $old_value_datereg;
                            $this->id = $old_value_id;
                            $this->marketvalue = $old_value_marketvalue;
                            $this->windscreenvalue = $old_value_windscreenvalue;
                            $this->radiovalue = $old_value_radiovalue;
                            $this->tyres_nearfront = $old_value_tyres_nearfront;
                            $this->tyres_offfront = $old_value_tyres_offfront;
                            $this->tyres_nearrear = $old_value_tyres_nearrear;
                            $this->tyres_offrear = $old_value_tyres_offrear;
                            $this->insert_date = $old_value_insert_date;
                            $this->insert_date_hora = $old_value_insert_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS, this is line 6335
                            $this->edit_date = $old_value_edit_date;
                            $this->edit_date_hora = $old_value_edit_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS
                            $rs_mu = $this->Db->Execute($comando_multiul);

Kindly what is the work-around for this? Its happening to most of my transactions forms and remember that I have not made any changes to the forms. I cannot deploy to production

Thnx & KRgrds

Moh.

Comment

Originally posted by MohMiro View Post
                              Hi Team,

I wish I had this info before upgrading although most of the direct updates have worked with no problems. In fact I once backed-up my project and restored and was shocked that I lost all my layout formatting. I had to repeat all my forms.

However, following upgrade to version 8.1.039 I experienced many problems with dates upon generating source code. The following is an abstract;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\AutoGUser s\form_valuations\form_valuations_apl.php on line 6335

$comando_multiul = &quot;SELECT COUNT(*) FROM valuations_photos WHERE p_val_id = &quot; . $this->id . &quot;&quot;;
                              $_SESSION['scriptcase']['sc_sql_ult_comando'] = $comando_multiul;
                              $this->trans_date = $old_value_trans_date;
                              $this->expirydate = $old_value_expirydate;
                              $this->valuation_fee = $old_value_valuation_fee;
                              $this->datereg = $old_value_datereg;
                              $this->id = $old_value_id;
                              $this->marketvalue = $old_value_marketvalue;
                              $this->windscreenvalue = $old_value_windscreenvalue;
                              $this->radiovalue = $old_value_radiovalue;
                              $this->tyres_nearfront = $old_value_tyres_nearfront;
                              $this->tyres_offfront = $old_value_tyres_offfront;
                              $this->tyres_nearrear = $old_value_tyres_nearrear;
                              $this->tyres_offrear = $old_value_tyres_offrear;
                              $this->insert_date = $old_value_insert_date;
                              $this->insert_date_hora = $old_value_insert_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS, this is line 6335
                              $this->edit_date = $old_value_edit_date;
                              $this->edit_date_hora = $old_value_edit_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS
                              $rs_mu = $this->Db->Execute($comando_multiul);

Kindly what is the work-around for this? Its happening to most of my transactions forms and remember that I have not made any changes to the forms. I cannot deploy to production

Thnx & KRgrds

Moh.
                              Please, create a new thread for your doubt. There are a thread reporting this. Seems like is related to multiupload fields.
                              /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

No, you can use php 5.4 although I don't recommend that. But you cannot use php 7 (yet).
                                Albert Drent
                                aducom software netherlands
                                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
                                X