Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody successfully converted to 8.1 without any issues ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody successfully converted to 8.1 without any issues ?

And what are the benefits that are being realized by the folks who have already converted to 8.1 ?
    8.0 is stable for me currently. I do not want to convert unless there is real value in doing so.
    It will be interesting to get some feedback from the Scriptcase community before I would want to convert.

I performed the upgrade without incident. I was careful to perform all of the recommended backups, just in case the upgrade went bad.
    I can't speak to the benefits yet.
    Ed

Comment

I had some hassles during the upgrade process and had to restore from an image and start again. Suggest that you take a comprehensive backup before starting.

I have one (secured) application that had fatal errors when regenerated in SC8.1. Resolved by turning security off during development cycle and then re-working the security module.

All in all, it was as I have come to expect from every SC upgrade since version 5; not entirely hassle free. At least this time no work was lost.
      The GuiGuy
      ... from Down Under

Comment

Originally posted by kendsouza View Post
        And what are the benefits that are being realized by the folks who have already converted to 8.1 ?
        8.0 is stable for me currently. I do not want to convert unless there is real value in doing so.
        It will be interesting to get some feedback from the Scriptcase community before I would want to convert.
        As soon we released the 8.1 we detect two severe issues we failed to test.
        At the same day we released the fix and since them our tests with conversion (wich we focused a lot in this 8.0 -> 8.1 upgrade) went through very well.

Anyway, take the steps here http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...-to-upgrade-SC and go for it!
        Regards,
        Cavadinha

Development Team
        Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X