Security Module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Module

What does the level of security mean in scriptcase for a system?
    What is the difference between the types(application,user,group) of security and how they handle security for a system: I am really confused . I donít understand the explaination in the manual, I read it more than four times but I donít and What about administrator privilege and what is the idea behind activation code?

With scriptcase you can generate a security module. There are three types of security, simple: just access, middle: just user vs application, and advanced: users are member of groups, groups has access to applications. So in the highest form you can create usergroups, assign applications to them with different rights like insert, update, delete, access, export etc. and then create users and assign them to one(!) usergroup.
    The activation code is used if you allow users to create an account of themselves. In that case a user can specify his/her's userid and password, create an account which needs to be activated by clicking on a link in the email or using the activation code. It's like how you created an account on this forum. Hope this makes it a bit more clear. There's a webinar showing this module, see the elearning page on scriptcase.net
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      With scriptcase you can generate a security module. There are three types of security, simple: just access, middle: just user vs application, and advanced: users are member of groups, groups has access to applications. So in the highest form you can create usergroups, assign applications to them with different rights like insert, update, delete, access, export etc. and then create users and assign them to one(!) usergroup.
      The activation code is used if you allow users to create an account of themselves. In that case a user can specify his/her's userid and password, create an account which needs to be activated by clicking on a link in the email or using the activation code. It's like how you created an account on this forum. Hope this makes it a bit more clear. There's a webinar showing this module, see the elearning page on scriptcase.net
      Very clear!!!!!!!! I wish the manual to explain like that but uhm!!!!! now I can get it. my case is to complicated can you mix all the types in one application?

And when precising the rigths to give does scriptcase take into consideration every button that is on the tool bar?(because there are other buttons I wanna create and user have to acces them if they are given that right)

Comment

You can create the Security module and once created base on your rules.
        Security module just creates tables and apps for you, but you can modify it or create your own.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

All the security is bound to the application level. On the toolbar the rights reflect on the insert, update, delete etc. buttons, not on self created buttons, you need to apply that yourself. The menu will respect the rights as set as 'access' in the security module, so if you don't have rights to start an application the appropiate menuitem will be invisible.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks a lot !!! So you mean you choose one type of the security for one project? but why the manual is that disorganized? and not properly written?

I wanna make this post as solved where can i do that
            Last edited by magezi; 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X