Number Auto-Complete Shows only Number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number Auto-Complete Shows only Number

A form app previously working correctly now shows only a number in a certain auto-complete field during update mode. I've checked everything, including other forms with number auto-complete in same project that correctly display the associated lookup value. There is nothing wrong.

The lookup SQL is

SELECT id,sc_concat(fname, ' ', lname)
    FROM staff
    ORDER BY fname, lname

Exact same structure in other working forms. I've even tried putting a WHERE id = {staffid} just to test but no difference.

It appears one of those quirks of a code gen system like SC and I would really want to avoid redoing the app all-over: it's got some many fields with detailed configurations and linked from many other form and grid apps.

Need help from anyone that's solved this kind of problem without re-coding the form.

By the way the problem was there in 8.0 and still is there in 8.1.

Ps. In the worst case if I do have to redo the form, can I simply delete the old and use the same name? Will the links still work or would I need to redo all links from/to other apps one by one?

Ps. In the worst case if I do have to redo the form, can I simply delete the old and use the same name? Will the links still work or would I need to redo all links from/to other apps one by one?[/QUOTE]

If you recreate a form then do not use the same name but use a new unique one. Cleaning up does not always remove everything from the sqlite repository causing hard to find issues.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thank you. Issues like these sometimes + structural rigidity make you wonder the true productivity benefits RAD tools really give. Hard to tell is why I'm still a "scriptcaser".

Comment

Originally posted by scriptcaser View Post
        Thank you. Issues like these sometimes + structural rigidity make you wonder the true productivity benefits RAD tools really give. Hard to tell is why I'm still a "scriptcaser".
        ..because dont exists any tool/language free of bugs and issues, and, with bugs and some weird situation, still developing faster with SC.

This is the reason you continue being a scritcaser
        Last edited by Giu; 07-26-2015, 08:59 AM.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
        X