auto run application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto run application

How can I make an application that will be running on it own without a user loading the application?

Originally posted by magezi View Post
    How can I make an application that will be running on it own without a user loading the application?
    By putting it in a schedular. If you're on windows you can start a browser after logging on.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      By putting it in a schedular. If you're on windows you can start a browser after logging on.
      Cool!!!! but how can I put it in a schedular?

Comment

Cool!!!! but how can I put it in a schedular?
        Search for windows task manager or cron if you are under Linux
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
          Search for windows task manager or cron if you are under Linux
          So you mean by starting a browser on the server it will automatically launch the application? The system is going to be deployed on a server.

Comment

First please clarify your problem so we can give you an acertive answer.

Regards

Comment

So you mean by starting a browser on the server it will automatically launch the application? The system is going to be deployed on a server.
              No. What I mean is, thaht you can create a scheduled job calling a PHP file.
              "php /yourpath/yourfile.php"

As kafe sais, if you elaborate your question/problem you can get better answers.
              /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
              Some Customers opinions

Comment

Some days ago I did that, using a cron job for sending email messages, but I've to do some hacks in the sc generated code, because when the cron job executed the application, the application didn't found the _lib folder, so I placed this line "$this->root ='/home/site/public_html/MIPROYECTO/';" and was run, obviously it doesn't work if I a try from the browser.

Comment

Originally posted by kafecadm View Post
                  First please clarify your problem so we can give you an acertive answer.

Regards
                  So my question is how can I start one application directly when the server is turned on? Kind of what windows OS does(you put your application among the applications that will be executed on the start up time of the os)

Comment

On windows: grab AutoIt or AutoHotKey (do use the the ahkscript.org site then) install it.
                    Use a tool like AlwaysUp to make it run immediately when started..

See: http://www.coretechnologies.com/prod...wsService.html

Is that what you meant?
                    You can make the script yourself, it is pretty basic (lol!!)

Comment

or you can simply create a shortcut to your application url address and place such shortcut into the "Startup" folder. That would do the trick.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X