No announcement yet.

Creating Setup for the system build in scriptcase and ssl security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last I could test it but had to leave out the _lib folder because it gave some problems when encoding. Could you encode including this folder? As you say the price is good and besides the obfuscation what I like is I can relate the installation to a MAC address or domain in order to prevent code stealing. In the object machine you have to install the corresponding loader (translator). Without it it doesn´t run.

Comment

I havent tested it, I guess you can encode all the php files in the _lib dir. Tho I see no real reason to do that. The code in there is mainly open source anyway (except a few dirs).

Comment

Originally posted by german6547 View Post
        At last I could test it but had to leave out the _lib folder because it gave some problems when encoding. Could you encode including this folder? As you say the price is good and besides the obfuscation what I like is I can relate the installation to a MAC address or domain in order to prevent code stealing. In the object machine you have to install the corresponding loader (translator). Without it it doesn´t run.
        AFAIR When I tried sourceguardian, I encoded all deployed files, _lib included, and worked.
        Why you want encode _lib? All inside this folder are external libraries, and your application logic is inside your apps. Is not needed IMHO
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Just a silly question to fulfill my curiosity.
          Does it need to be local? Can your system be online? Or do the core processing online?

PS: Sorry if you said something about it i havent read the whole thread.
          Regards,
          Cavadinha

Development Team
          Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Sourceguardian works like all the others. It requires loaders to be installed on your webserver. It is pretty simple work tho..

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
              AFAIR When I tried sourceguardian, I encoded all deployed files, _lib included, and worked.
              Why you want encode _lib? All inside this folder are external libraries, and your application logic is inside your apps. Is not needed IMHO
              _lib houses core SC runtime logic and your SC database configuration app at /_lib/prod/lib/php/?login. The concern would be that exposing this might enable someone tinker with something that makes your whole app vulnerable, especially if installed in a physical environment you have no control over (not an issue if you run it on a web server controlled only by you). Is this concern unfounded?

Comment

No you are right in that, someone can tinker with it and screw the whole thing up.
                You could add some home made source code protection (crc check on the file against a list of crc codes). But then there is little reason
                if you can encode the rest too..

Comment

Working...
                X