Entrepreneurship with Scriptcase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entrepreneurship with Scriptcase

We bought SC so we could develop custom solutions for our clients or employers. I agree SC is the best RAD tool i have come accross and i have looked and tested many. However i have found a few resources or topics missing from this forum that are crucial to Entrepreneurs. I believe that 90% on this forum are Entrepreneurs of some sort.
    Now, I want this thread to solely focus on Entrepreneurship, the tools, insights that can make us all leverage SC to create successful business models.
    1. All projects need a good solid database design (ERD/EERD). Without a good ERD, the system becomes harder to upgrade and can slow down or even worse become corrupted. Database analysis and design is not something i have seen here at all! Why? I don't know.

2. Entrepreneurship tools: Last year i decided to develop my first RAD project. i decided to follow the traditional Systems analysis and design methodology (SDLC). Its not really adaptable to agile Entrepreneurs! Browsing on the web, i landed on ERIC's LEAN START-UP METHODOLOGY! I was hooked. Then i dug deeper ( i read the book and subsequent articles about LEAN). I came across two books that are a must read for all entrepreneurs: 1. Running Lean by Ash Murya 2. Nail it then scale it. I actually stopped my projects and restarted everything based on these principles!

These two books are really practical, with lots of commercial, trial & free tools online that put their principles to work.
    So i want this thread to be about Entrepreneurship based on LEAN METHODOLOGY particularly those two books!
    You are all welcome
    Do you use LEAN or NISI methodology?
    0.00%
    How long does it take you to develop & deploy
    50.00%
    Are you Good at DB design
    50.00%

Sorry, but don't understand what answers you expect, and what to choose in poll.
    I don't use LEAN.
    I consider good At DB design with more than 15 experience years.
    As SC partners, we use it for almost all our projects. Our own developments, outsourcing, training, consultancy....
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Sorry, ignore the poll. it was more of an afterthought
      and good to hear you are good at DB design, cos there are times when i want an opinion about a design and how it influences my scriptcase SQL snippets. At-least now i know i can ask someone.

Have you ever used the business model canvas?

Comment

..and good to hear you are good at DB design, cos there are times when i want an opinion about a design and how it influences my scriptcase SQL snippets...
        DB must be well designed, independently of dev enviroment you use.

At-least now i know i can ask someone.
        This forums ar full of competent developers, and most of them probably are better than me

Have you ever used the business model canvas?
        I'm young, but I started some years ago, and I'm more an old-school dev. "pen+paper" and document well what you want to do, this is the best tools.
        Maybe a lot of people are against what I will say, but..... For me, all this models, paradigms, and so on, is pretty on paper, but most of the time not usefull. Maybe it's good for big teams where a lot of developers maybe you don't meet, needs to study your code/documentation, but, for little teams, is more easy than all of this. Obviously, is just my opinion, and I can be wrong, but is what I think.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
        X