Convert Entire Site to PHP Source Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Entire Site to PHP Source Code

A couple months ago a developer started to build a site for a new prospective client of mine in ScriptCase. Until now, I had never heard of Scriptcase.

Is there a way to export the source code to then be built upon outside of Scriptcase?

Scriptcase is a PHP generator. The site you talk is in PHP.
    Can you elaborate what do you need?
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Sorry for my lack of explanation. The client sent me what she called a "backup" of the site (they were all bkp files). I took a look and unserialized the array within a few of the files which lead to more questions.

So, I guess my question then is, how do I tell my client to generate the php to then send to me? I'm sure Scriptcase is great software, but this client wants someone to hit the ground running.

Comment

bkp files can be imported into a working scriptcase (assuming the version you use is the same or higher and assuming they are exported from scriptcase).
        Then when imported you need to generate all applications. After that you can deploy all your applications.
        But you need to be aware that you also must have the same database structure as where the bpk files come from otherwise you wont get anywhere..

Comment

I will look at getting on my clients machine and try this, but just to be clear, after "deploying" the site (applications), it will generate the PHP files that I can then download. With this and the database, everything should work. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by rklockner View Post
            I will look at getting on my clients machine and try this, but just to be clear, after "deploying" the site (applications), it will generate the PHP files that I can then download. With this and the database, everything should work. Correct?
            You are right
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
            X