Thread: Install Scriptcase on Ubuntu but cannot connect to localhost MySQL

Install Scriptcase on Ubuntu but cannot connect to localhost MySQL

I installed mysql on the localhost and then installed ScriptCase using the 64bit installed for Linux (my system is ubuntu) on the same localhost.

I can successfully connect to ScriptCase and login but when I try to connect to the MySQL instance installed on the same localhost within scriptcase using the database setup, I keep getting:
    Connection Error

Connection refused mysql_connect(): Connection refused

I am able to connect to MySQL using the mysql command on the localhost using the root id and password. It just won't work from within ScriptCase. I even ran:
    grant all on *.* to 'root'@'%'. Still won't connect.

I didn't have this problem when I installed scriptcase on windows 7.

Why does scriptcase refuse to connect to mysql?

I suspect it will be in the mysql configuration. Can you provide the error number, which will help to diagnose the problem.

Have you checked the mysql docs:

In a cmd shell try
    mysqlshow -u root -p

Does a log in work on the localhost?

Then:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/...to-server.html

Cheers & good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pkrawetzky View Post
    Why does scriptcase refuse to connect to mysql?
    Is MySQL running on "localhost" or running on ip adress or server name? Look at this help: Click!
    Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 7 Enterprise Edition, Version 7.(latest)

We need: no beta versions ...

Commenting out bind-address= 127.0.0.1 from my.conf did the trick but another unusual thing is I can now connect using 127.0.0.1 but not localhost. I looked at my /etc/hosts file and there is an entry 127.0.0.1 localhost there. Shouldn't this do the trick?

No, not in Linux/Unix/BSD.
    For the MySQL client 'localhost' means the local machine, so it tries to connect to a Unix socket instead of making a network request via TCP/IP.
    The problem could be that you're either not using a Unix socket, or more likely, the MySQL client libraries don't know where to find the Unix socket file.

Check your php.ini for mysql.default_socket. Not quite sure about Ubuntu but should be something like '/tmp/mysql.sock'.

jsb