Importing a template project.
The process of creating the sample project is simple and intuitive, this process is divided into just two steps which are detailed below.
The projects created with access permission for the user, appear in Project List .
During the first step of the project creation you will be able to create a Blank project or to Import a template according to the options below.
Our projects templates include some examples for most of the features from Scriptcase, you can preview them on the website. When you import a project template Scriptcase will delivery some ready applications and also the database tables. Hereinafter you will see the steps to import one template project, the “Samples”.
First, you need to chose the project and customize the details. Description and image, are optional.
- Project Icon - You can select a project icon for display purposes in the project list. This field is not required, and may be changed after creation inside project properties.
- Project Name - The name of the project is required for its creation. The project name must contain 1-32 alphanumeric characters, without space neither special characters.
- Project Description - This where you’ll give a brief description of the project and it’s not required, also able to inform after the creation of the project.
- Additional Project information - Here you can add some additional information you want for the project. This field is not required, and may be changed after creation in properties in the project.
Our template projects are available for MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Access, SQLite, Firebird.
You can choose to use the default connection or to configure a new connection to your own database.
Use default connection (SQLite)
By clicking on the option “Use default connection (SQLite)” Scriptcase undertakes to create a database, with the SQLite database, and insert all the information of tables and records. The database file with the project tables and some dummy records will be stored within Scriptcase’s directory.
The project will be created and configured with all the basic information. Generate the source code to compile and applications and then “open project” and view all the applications created or “Run” the project to open the initial application
Create a new connection to my database
After selecting the database you want to connect, enter the required data to perform the connection.
The information needed to create a connection vary according to the selected database. In the example below, we will show with MySQL connection. For more details on how to connect your database click here.
- Connection Name : Define the name of the connection. You will not be able to change this name in the future.
- DBMS Driver : Defined as MySQL PDO. It can also be MySQLi.
- Server/Host (Name or IP) : Enter the IP of the server where the database is located. If the database is on the same machine of Scriptcase you can use the IP 127.0.0.1 __ or localhost. If the database is
- Port : Define the port of the connection that’ll be used. By default, the port is 3306.
- User : Inform the user name that you’ll use to connect to your Database.
- Password : Inform the password that you’ll use to connect to your Database.
- Database Name : Click on the “List Database” and select the desired Database.
- Test Connection : Displays the connection status if it succeeded or not.
If you don’t have a database created in your database, click on the button “Create Database” and the window below will appear.
Enter a name for your database and click “OK”. After that the database created it will be displayed database list. To create a database directly from Scriptcase you need to have the correct permissions within the database system itself, sometimes this permission is refused, specially when you have the database in another server. In this example we have the database located on the same server, localhost.
After you finish Scriptcase undertakes to create all the tables and insert all information to be used in applications.
All set! now the project will be created and configured with all the basic information. Generate the source code to compile and applications and then “open project” and view all the applications created or “Run” the project to open the initial application