In this version of ScriptCase is incorporated the concept of programming, with the use of attributes, methods, resources and libraries. In the previous version it was already possible to create business rules in applications using this concept the big difference now is that this can be done in a more organized, facilitating both the development as the understanding of the rule by another developer.
The attributes are variables that has the global scope declared in the application. An attribute that can be referenced in all the methods and events of the application.
Attributes configuration Interface.
- Attribute Name : This field, allows to inform the name of the attribute, after typing the name just click on include. In case you want to update click on the name of the attribute (located on the tight side of the buttons), do the necessary modifications and click on update. In case it’s necessary to delete an attribute, it’s necessary to do same process as the update, but when selecting the attribute, it’s necessary to click on the delete button. The clear button, as the name suggests, it clears the list of all the attributes listed on the right.
To use the internal libraries just select the correspondent ( Project Libraries for example). This process allows the methods existing in the library, to be visible in all the Events and Methods of the application. See how to manage the libraries by clicking here.
Internal Libraries managment Interface
Methods are function or procedures declared by the developer, that helps when appling the routines. Using methods in the applications allows to reuse of the your code throughout the application, optimizing the development experience.
Creating a new method
PHP method creation Interface
- Define a name for the method and click on Create. Like the image below.
- Methods can receive parameters.
- Add the amount of variables: PHP method parameter definition
- Defining the variables:
Defining the variables
- Name : Type in the name of the variable.
- Type : Selecting the type of variables: For Value or For Refference.
- Value Standard : The value of the parameter used to initialize when calling the method.
Refferences allows to create a second name for a variable that you can use to read and modify the original information of the variable.
- Editing a parameter:
- : Checking all the parameters in the parameter list.
- : Unchecking all the parameters in the parameter list.
- : Edit the selected parameter of the list.
- : Deletes the selected variable of the list.