This example demonstrates a very useful feature to obtain information relative to a grid field from external list while updating a record. Two applications are created (a grid and a form). In the form application a captures data through a link by selecting a record.
Creating the Grid application.
1. Create a new grid application based on the table categories.
2. In the application menu open the folder Grid and click on Grid Modules.
3. Change the Pagination attribute to Total. This option hides all the navigation buttons on the Grid.
4. In the application menu click on the item Fields Positioning.
5. Select only the fields CategoryID and CategoryName.
6. Click on Toolbar from the Grid folder
7. Remove all the buttons from the Bottom toolbar and leave only the Exit button on the Top toolbar.
8. Generate the grid source code by clicking in Generate Source in the ScriptCase toolbar.
Creating the Form application.
9. Create a new Simple form application based on the table products.
10. Select New Link option on the Links folder.
11. Click on Create New Link, select the link type Capture and the field CategoryID. Click on Next.
12. Select the grid application created above (item 1). Continue until complete the link creation according to the wizard steps.
13. Click on the button “Run application”.