In this example, we’ll see how to configure a couple of Scriptcase special fields, in a form application.
Theses are the currently available special fields in Scripcase:
For this example, we’ll use the fields Google Maps, YouTube and HTML Editor, see the respective configurations below.
For more information about other types of special fields, access our documentation.
Google Maps Field
There are 3 types of setups available for the Google Maps field, in this example we’ll use the Geocode.
1. Select Geocode in the option Origin. (Method of passing parameters to the Google API)
2. Next, in Geocode, select the fields that’ll be used as geographic coordinates for your location in the map.
3. Now, setup the map displays mode:
- Display Mode – Where the map will be displayed, on the same page by using a modal or in a new window
- Width – Width of the modal in pixel
- Height – Height of the modal in pixel
- Zoom – Initial zoom of the map
4. Next, select the Link Type of how the link to the map will be displayed on the page: Button or Text
5. To display the map, you must inform the location correctly and click on the buttonGoogle Maps
6. The map will display the location based on the fields informed, not needing to be saved in the table.
1. Select the YouTube in the option Data Type;
2. Next, configure the Display mode for the video, in this example, we’ll use the Modal;
3. Inform the width and height of the display modal, value inpixels;
4. On the running the apolication, inform the link in field and click on the button YouTube.
5. The modal will be displayed containing the informed video.
HTML Editor Field
The HTML Editor Field allows the creation of templates, to make the development of applications easier.
1. To create templates for the HTML Editor Field access Layout > HTML Editor templates
2. To create a new template, select one of the template that we offer and click on “Save as”
3. Inform the name to your new tamplate and save so that you can start editing.
4. Next, you’ll see the page to edit the template. It’s possible to define the position of the buttons, the horizontal alignment and the amount of lines, and other things.
5. After finishing creating your template, access the field settings of the HTML Editor to apply the template that you’ve created.