On this sample it is shown a very important functionality : “Crosstable” style summary.
Creating a new report
1. Create a new report based on the SQL statement below.
SELECT C.CompanyName, D.DeptName, R.DateRelease, R.ValueRelease FROM companies C INNER JOIN releases R ON C.CompanyID = R.CompanyID INNER JOIN departments D ON R.DeptID = D.DeptID
2. Select the fields C.CompanyName, D.DeptName e R.DateRelease. To do this click in Select Fields.
Creating the groupings
3. Open the Group By folder and click on “Static Group By >> New Group By”.
4. Select the fields: C.CompanyName and D.DeptName and click in Turn On/Off .
Creating a total
5. Click in Totals and then click on Fields.
6. Select the R.ValueRelease field and then click in SUM.
Setting up the crosstab summary option
7. Back to the initial options “Grid Modules”
8 Mark the “Summary” as the initial module and enable it and the “Chart”.
9. Access the Summary and click on Settings.
10. Change the “Record count” property to “not show” and the field position “C.CompanyName” for the “X-axis”.
11. Click on the button “Run application”.