Control Fields - MULTIPLE LINES TEXT
Figure1: General Settings Interface.
- Data type - Define the application field type. When the field is defined as multiple lines text, it accepts letters, numbers, characters. Upon selecting the data type as multiple lines text the attribute Lines is enabled to definethe number of lines is selected.
- Label - Field title in application. For
example: a field is defined as client_name_fld in the table is displayed as Client Name.
- Watermark - Creates a watermark in the input object.
- Initial Value (Type)- Fills the field with a pre defined value when the final user clicks in the "new" button.
- Defined Value - Uses the value entered on the Initial Value attribute. It is possible to recive parameters by using this funtionality. Example: By entering [var_logged_user] it is possible to use a session variable created on a login screen.
- System Date - Uses the server date.
Note: Using System Date option it is not required to enter a Initial value.
- Initial Value - The value displayed on field when using Defined Value option.
- Width - Width or chars quantity displayed on input object.
- Lines - Allows to configure the field height defining the lines quantity.
- Save Variable - Saves a session variable with a field value (to use in other applications). For example, in the login form the username is saved as a session variable and displayed in all the applications.
- Variable Name - Session variable name in which to save the field value (as defined above).
- Field size in database - Max length used when updating the table field.This value is automatically read from your DB Schema information.
- Label Field - Only displays the field value. Does not allow updates.
|Without field label attribute
|| Using field label attribute
- Disable Field - Define whether the field will be disabled in "insert mode", "update mode" or in "insert and update mode".
- HTML Type - HTML object used to display the field on generated form.
- SQL Type - Define the field type in the database.
Image1: Values Format Interface.
- Case Settings - Converts the field text depending on the option:
||Converts all text to capital letters.
||Converts all text to lower case.
|Uppercase first word
||Capitalizes only first word (converts only the first letter of the first word to capital letter).
|Uppercase all words
||Capitalizes each word (converts the first letter of every to capital letter).
- Minimum Size - Defined the minimum size accepted.
- Max length- Defined the maximum size accepted.
- Allowed Characters - Select and define the character set accepted:
- All - Accepts all characters.
- Selected - Define the character set accepted. Using the settings below the field accepts letter, numbers and " / " (defined in the More attribute). The letters a b c (defined in the Less attribute) are not accepted.
Reloads other selection type fields (Select, CheckBox, Radio and DoubleSelect) when the field onChange event occours.
For example: a Select field "list of states", and a second one list of cities. It is possible to reload a cities list field by changing the state selected.
Defines the CSS values for fields individually.
Figure 1: CSS Definition interface.
- Font - Used to select the font type that will be applied to the application field.
- Font Size - Used to select the font size that will be applied to the application object.
- Font Color - Used to select the color to be applied to the font using a color palette.
- Background color - Used to select the color that applies to the background of the application title using a color palette.
- Bold - Used to apply bold type to the font.
- Underlined - Used to apply an underlined type to the font.
- Border Size - Used to increase the border size of the title.
- Border Color - Used to select the border color to be applied to the title using a color palette.
- Horizontal Alignment - Sets the Search form label to the desired location (left, right, center or justify).
- Vertical Alignment - Sets the Search form label to the desired location (baseline, sub, super, top, text-top, middle, bottom, text-bottom).
- Width - Sets the title width.
- Height - Sets the title height.
Object Input CSS
Documents the application. Create on-line instructions, describe business rules and save comments in the System Help to allow users to better understand the system and instruct them in the best way of interacting with the applications.
Figure 1: Help Configuration using a pop-up window.