The Edit Fields options was included to Scriptcase on the version six, this new menu option groups the most commonly used field configuration for all fields at the same place.
Figure 1: Edit Fields Interface.
- 1 - Fields - This column is used to show the field's name.
- 2 - Label - Column to edit the field's label displayed in the generated application.
- 3 - Data type - This allows the change of the field's type. Select the desired data type from the dropdown box.
- 4 - Form option. Not available for Grid Applications
- 4.1 - New - Check the checkbox to specify that the field must be displayed when entering a new record (Addition mode).
- 4.2 - Update - Check the checkbox to specify that the field must be displayed when editing a record (Edition mode).
- 4.3 - Read-Only - Defines if the field will become a read-only field, this way it cannot be edited.
- 4.4 - Required - Defines if the field will become a required field.
- 4.5 - PK - Will set a field or fields as a primary key for the application. If only one field is selected it will work as a regular primary key, if two or more fields were selected it will work as a composite key.
- 4.6 - DB Value (Insert) - This option defines whether it is to be given internal values to the selected field when inserting a new record, such as autoincrement, date, datetime and IP. This option allows you to set a default value to the field.
- 4.7 - DB Value (Update) - This option defines whether it is to be given internal values to the selected field when updating a record, such as autoincrement, date, datetime and IP.
- 5 - Page - Indicates that there is a Page in the application. An application may have multiple pages, which are arranged as high-level tabs. Each page can contain one or more blocks.
- 6 - Block - Indicates that there is a Block in the application.
- 7 - Page: Fields not shown - This contains all fields that will not be displayed in the generated application.
Note: Please note that each line is draggable. This allows you to define the position of fields, blocks and pages by dragging fields up or down to a different block or page. Remember: Fields are grouped in Blocks and Blocks are grouped in Pages.
Available just to Forms and Control applications. It is not available for Grid Applications.
Figure 2: Display Interface.
- Markers Positioning - Indicates where the marker will be displayed in relation to the field.
- Display message - Determine whether or not to display a message upon validation.