IMAGE (FILE NAME)
Allows the developer to use fields in the forms to upload images. The images are save in the server in a directory defined using the Application Settings menu in the attribute Image Directory (see Settings).
Image1: General Settings Interface.
- Data type - Define the application field type. When a field is defined as Image(file name) type, it stores a file name that is available to the application to process as such. The images are stored separately in the server and automatically displayed when the file name is referenced.
- Label - Field title in application. For
example: a field is defined as client_name_fld in the table is displayed as Client Name.
- Image Border - Image border width in pixels.
- Image Height - Defines the image display height in pixels.
- Image Width - Defines the Image display width in pixels.
- Maintain Aspect - Maintains the image aspect ratio when resizing it. It´s used in conjunction with
Image Height and Image Width.
- Progress bar - Display or not a progress bar when uploading files.
- Upload Area - Define if a drag'n drop area is used to upload files.
- Increment File - Increment the file name if it already exist in the folder of uploads.
- SubFolder - Defines a sub folder to organize the files stored.
- Create Subfolder - Creates the subfolder if it does not exist.
- Image Caching - Time in minutes the image cache will be kept for on the server before being deleted. Resize function generates temporary image copies that are kept in the cache.
- Hide image name - Hides the image name during the upload.
- Files Deletion - Allows to delete the file in the directory, relating to the deleted record.
- Display link only - Displays only a link in the field with the image name. The link will open in a (pop-up) window with the image in its original size (without redirection).
- Open in Another Window - Displays the original image in another browser window.
- Extensions to allow - Define which extensions are allowed to upload. Separate several extensions using semicolon.
- Disable Field - Define whether the field will be disabled in "insert mode", "update mode" or in "insert and update mode".
- HTML Type - HTML object used to display the field on generated form.
- SQL Type - Define the field type in the database.
Example of field of the image type in a cadastre of products.
It allows to upload multiple files and store the information in a relative database table.
Multi Upload Settings
- Amount of columns - Amount of columns to display in Multiupload.
- Position of the delete - Position of the checkbox to delete.
- Position on the upload - Positioning of the records upon upload.
- Show status - Show the upload status.
- Table - Choose the database table to store the files.
After choose the table, it will display all fields from that table and we should associate parameters to fill the fields upon inserting or updating.
Multi Upload Fields Settings
The options are:
- File name - Gets the file name that is being uploaded.
- Upload - Gets the bynary of the file.
- Auto increment - Used just when the database field is AUTO INCREMENT or similar, if your DBMS uses sequences to implement auto increment a field to enter the sequence name is displayed .
- Manual increment - The generated form will handle the auto-increment feature by calculating the field's value automatically before inserting a record.
- Foreign Key - Allows to associate a field value from the current form.
- Defined - You can specify a constant value or use global variables [global_var]. Very useful to passing parameters..
- Date of inclusion - Get the data from the server upon inserting.
- Datetime of inclusion - Get the data and time from the server upon inserting.
- User IP - The field will be filled with the IP of the computer that is accessing the application.
- Calculated by the database - The field value is assigned by the database.
- Calculated by the database if empty - The field value is assigned by the database if no value is passed to it.
- Null - The field in SQL table is filled with (null).
Defines the CSS values for fields individually.
Figure 1: CSS Definition interface.
- Font - Used to select the font type that will be applied to the application field.
- Font Size - Used to select the font size that will be applied to the application object.
- Font Color - Used to select the color to be applied to the font using a color palette.
- Background color - Used to select the color that applies to the background of the application title using a color palette.
- Bold - Used to apply bold type to the font.
- Underlined - Used to apply an underlined type to the font.
- Border Size - Used to increase the border size of the title.
- Border Color - Used to select the border color to be applied to the title using a color palette.
- Horizontal Alignment - Sets the Search form label to the desired location (left, right, center or justify).
- Vertical Alignment - Sets the Search form label to the desired location (baseline, sub, super, top, text-top, middle, bottom, text-bottom).
- Width - Sets the title width.
- Height - Sets the title height.
Object Input CSS
Documents the application. Create on-line instructions, describe business rules and save comments in the System Help to allow users to better understand the system and instruct them in the best way of interacting with the applications.
Figure 1: Help Configuration using a pop-up window.