The automatic installation already comes with the Firebird previously configured, only needing to install the client to make the connection.
If you’re using your own environment previously configured, you’ll need to enable the Firebird extension in PHP.
Setting up FireBird on Windows
The automatic installation already comes with the FireBird driver, only needing to connect with the database in the ScriptCase.
Setting up FireBird PDO on Windows
The automatic installation already comes with the FireBird PDO driver, only needing to connect with the database in the ScriptCase.
Creating a Connection with ScriptCase
- Access ScriptCase using the URL http://127.0.0.1:8090/scriptcase
- After accessing ScriptCase, access or create a new project, click on the new connection icon or access “Database > New Connection”
Creating a new connection
- After that, you will see a page with all the database connections that you can create. Select a “FireBird” connection
Selecting a Windows database connection
- New connection : You will place the information of the connection to your database here:
Connecting with Windows database
- Connection Name : Defines the name of your new connection.
- DBMS Driver : Allows you to select the FireBird drivers.
- Server/Host (Name or IP) : Insert the name or IP of the server where the Windows database is located.
- Database Name : Inform the Database name.
- Username : Inform the user to access the Windows database.
- Password : Inform the password to access the Windows database.
Test Connection : Displays a message of the status of the connection if successful or not.
- For more options on connecting, click on the Advanced tab:
Advanced setup for the Windows database
- Decimal Separator - Select the separator type, between a dot or a comma.
- Persistent Connection - Persistent Connection are connections that do not close when finishing a script.
Use the schema before table name - Allows the use of schema before the name of the tables.
- Filter : Accessing this tab, we can setup which tables will be listed on this connection:
Filtering the Windows database
- Show - Allows the display of the the filters on the tables, views, System Tables and procedures.
- Tables - Allows to setup the display of Tables from your database.
- Views - Allows to setup the display of Views from your database.
- System Tables - Allows to setup the display of System Tables from your database.
- Procedures - Allows to setup the display of Procedures from your database.
- Searches - Allows to define which tables and Owner will be displayed.
- Tables - Allows to define a prefix (prefix%) or name of the tables for display.
- Owner - Allows to define the owner of the tables for listing.
- Show - Allows to define what will be displayed or not from the table an owner’s setup.