Nested grids are used when you need to display hierarchical data, such as customers and their respective applications.
The main Grid encapsulates other Grids, showing in each of its NestedGrids additional data records. Note the image below in which for each customer is displayed a Nested Grid with its applications.
In the application menu, by clicking on the folder NestedGrid > Settings, the general attributes of the NestedGrids can be changed.
- Title in the same line : This attribute enables you to configure the Nested Grid title display. If it is displayed on the same line, the Nested Grid table will be incorporated into the main Grid.
![Example using Nested Grid title on the same line][nestedgrid_settings_title_same_line]
- PDF : This option allows you to enable/disable the Nested Grid display in PDF reports.
- XLS : This option allows you to enable / disable the Nested Grid display in the XLS and XLSX reports.
XML : This option allows you to enable/disable the Nested Grid display in XML reports.
- Enable TreeView : This option enables an option to hide/display the Nested Grid within the main Grid records. By choosing “Yes”, the option “Title in the same line” will be automatically disabled.
Position : This option allows you to configure the Nested Grid placement in the main Grid. This option is not available if you enable “Title in the same line”. You will be able to position the Nested Grid within the records. The options are:
In one column
Below the record
Alignment : Allows you to set the Nested Grid alignment in the main Grid interface when “Position” is set set as Below the record. The options are: left, right and Center.
This is one of the values available for the attributes of the Nested Grid Settings
When selecting this option, the settings of attributes must be performed individually on each of the existing Nested Grid.
To create a Nested Grid link, just click on the “New link” within the Link folder.
Creating a new Nested Grid
- Adding a new Nested Grid : Enter the name and the label for the link that will be created.
Adding a new Nested Grid
- Application list : Have three options for list the applications: All, by folder or by type.
- All - List all applications of the current project;
- by Folder - List all applications of current project, but the applications are separated respecting the project folder structure.
- by type - List all applications of current project, but separated by type.
You can also search by application name in the search field.
- For an application to be used as a Nested Grid, it must have within its SQL command (Grid > SQL) a WHERE clause with a global variable to receive the parameters from the main Grid.
- Parameters setting : Setting the value that will be passed to the variable(s) of the Nested Grid SQL statement.
In the screen above, on the left side, it is displayed the Nested Grid input parameters (global variables created within the Nested Grid WHERE clause), on the right side, you must select the parameter option. The options are:
- Field : Used to assign a Grid field value as a parameter.
- Fix : Used to assign a fixed value as a parameter.
- Empty : By selecting this option, no value will be assigned as parameter.
Editing an existing Nested Grid link
All Nested Grid links created will be placed within its menu options, within the “Links” folder. By clicking on the Nested Grid name there will be an interface for settings editing.
This is one of the values available for the attributes of the Nested Grid Settings If this value was set for some attribute in the Nested Grid settings, the settings will be made in the Nested Grid itself.
Nested Grid general settings
This interface can be used to edit the following Nested Grid attributes:
- Label : Title for the Nested Grid application.
- Link : In this attribute are displayed the current Nested Grid connection data, showing the application and parameters used. To change any link attribute just click to edit Link.
- Display : Defines which items of the embedded application will be shown in the main application, that if the nested application uses some or any of these resources.
- Header : Allows to display field labels.
- Sequential : Allows to display sequential display(number line).
- Total : Allows to display the Totals.
- Visualization : When marked it sets that the Nested Grid view will be equal to that of the main Grid.
This settings will only display if all the following conditions are true.
Conditions of display for the Display Settings
|Title in the same line||No|
|Enable Tree view||No|
|Position||In one column|
- Horizontal Alignment : This option sets the Nested Grid horizontal alignment. It can be aligned left, right or Center.
- Vertical Alignment : This option sets the Nested Grid vertical alignment. It can be aligned to the top, middle, or End.
- Background color : Here you can set the background color. If it is not filled it will get the Grid default background color.
- Title horizontal alignment : This option sets the Nested Grid label horizontal alignment. It can be aligned Left, Right or Center.
- Title vertical alignment : This option sets the Nested Grid label vertical alignment. It can be aligned to the top, middle, or End.
- Bold : This option sets the Nested Grid title (label) in bold.