In this tutorial, you will see how to use a field of type AutoComplete.
Creating a Form application.
1. Create a “Form” application and select the “Single Record” option , then select the “Orders” sample table .
2. Still in the application creation window, if you want a better display of the Form, select the “Fields” tab and change the Label of the fields, as shown below:
Editing Form Fields
1. In the application menu, select the “Field Positioning” item .
2. Select the fields: OrderID, CustomerID, OrderDate, RequiredDate and ShippedDate.
3. In the application menu, access the “Fields” tab and select the “CustomerID” field .
4. Within the field settings, change the “Data Type” property to “Auto-Complete Text” .
5. Still in the CustomerID field, access the “Lookup settings” editing guide .
6. In the SQL Command property, insert the code below:
SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName FROM customers ORDER BY CustomerID
7. Enable the properties “Show label with description” and “Capture Text” . Then, in the “Label” property, enter “Search” .
8. Finally, select the “Run Application” button on the toolbar to generate the Form.