In this Tutorial two applications will be created, a Grid and a Form. In the Form application, a Capture Link will be created pointing to the Grid, a very useful resource when necessary, when editing a record, to search for information related to a field in an external list. The following additional resources will be used:
- Capture Connection.
Creating the Grid application
Note:If you have any question about creation of the grid application, go to: Creation a new application
1. Create a new “grid application” based on the “categories” in the sample table.
2. Still in the application creation window, if you want a better view of the Grid application, select the “Fields” tab and change the Label of the fields, as shown below:
Configuring the Grid Application
1. In the applications menu, open the Grid folder and click Grid Modules.
2. In “Initial Module”, select the option “Grid”, done that, in “Application Module”, select “Grid” and change the property “Pagination” to “Total”. When using this option, all navigation buttons will be hidden in the query.
3. In the application menu, click on the Fields positioning element.
4. Select only the CategoryID and CategoryName fields.
5. Click on the Toolbar of the Grid folder
6. Remove all buttons from the lower toolbar and leave only the Exit button on the upper toolbar.
7. Generate the source code of the grid by clicking Generate Source on the ScriptCase toolbar.
Creating the form application.
Note:If you have any questions on how to create a Form, go to: Creating a new Form
1. Create a new application of type “Form” and select the option “Single Record” then select the sample table “Products”.
2. Still in the application creation window, if you want a better display of the Form, select the “Fields” tab and change the Label of the fields, as shown below:
Configuring the Form Application.
1. In the menu application, select the Application Links option.
2. Click on “Create new link” button, select the “Capture” link type and the “Category ID” field. Click Next.
3. When the list of Applications appears, select the grid application created at the beginning of this tutorial and click Proceed. Proceed until the connection wizard is finished.
4. Click on the “Run application” button.
To see more examples created using Scriptcase, go to: https://www.scriptcase.net/samples/