In this example, we will show how to use a capture link in a filter application.
Creating secondary applications
1. Create a new request form using the customer table.
2. Create a new Grid application using the following SQL.
select customerid, companyname from customers
3. Generate application sources.
Creating the search
4. Create a new Search application using the Customers table.
5. Access the filters folder and click on “Advanced filter >> Select fields”.
6. Select the companyname field.
7. Access the Links between Applications folder and click on “Create Link”.
8. Select the link type “Capture” and the companyname field.
9. When you get the list, select the Grid application created at the beginning and go to the end of the connection wizard.
10. Create a new connection, but this time select the type of “Application”.
11. Select the form application created at the beginning of the tutorial.
12. Make the association between the search fields and the form fields and save the link.
13. Click on the Run button on the toolbar.