In this tutorial, an Editable Grid Form (View) will be created using the following extra features:
- Field editing.
Creating an Editable Grid Form application (View)
The editable grid view type is one of the main forms of Scriptcase where the information is shown as locked but the user can still edit, update all changes on the record or even delete it by clicking the icon of the function needed.
Creating a Form
1. Create a new application of type Form, select the option “Editable Grid (View)” and then select the sample table “Project”.
2. Once this is done, if you want a better display of the form, select the “Field Editor” tab and edit the highlighted records, as shown in the image below.
Editing the fields of the Editable Grid Form (View)
1. First, access the application menu and select the “Sorting” tab.
2. In the “Sorting Fields” section, click the “All” button to sort the fields.
3. Once this is done, in the application menu, click on the “Fields” tab and select the “percentcomplete” field.
4. Now, navigate to the “Help Configuration” section, add the “%” symbol in the text box and change the “Help Type” to “Text” as shown in the image below.
5. Finally, select the “Run Application” button on the toolbar to generate the Form.
After following the steps above, the Form will look like this:
To see more examples created using Scriptcase, access our examples page where you will find complete project templates and applications.
Comment this post