In this tutorial a Editable Grid Form will be developed using the orders tabel and some extra SQL commands.
Creating an Editable Grid Form App
Note:In case you have any doubt about how to create a form, access here: Creating a new form
1. Create a new Form app, select the option Editable Grid, and select the orders table.
2. You can also change the labels of your fields if you want to, click on the Edit Fields tab and edit the labels as in the imagem below.
Editing Editable Grid Form fields
1. Access Fields Positioning in the app menu.
2. Remove all fields except: CustomerID, EmployeeID, OrderDate and RequiredDate.
3. Access Fields and select the “CustomerID” field.
4. Navigate to Lookup Settings section and substitute the SQL code by the SQL we informed as in the image down below:
SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName FROM customers ORDER BY CustomerID
5. Now in the Fields tab select the “EmployeeID” field.
6. Navigate to Lookup Settings and substitute the SQL code by the SQL we informed as in the image down below:
SELECT EmployeeID, LastName FROM employees ORDER BY EmployeeID
7. Click on Run Application to generate and run your Form app.
After all those steps your form should be looking like this:
To check more example apps created with Scriptcase, access: Samples: Complete systems and apps with Scriptcase