We can create an editable grid in order to add, remove, update or remove rows and records within the cells in just a few steps. The editable grid application into scriptcase is considered one type of form.
Creating a form application.
1. Create an editable grid view form application based on table orders.
2. In the application menu, select Fields Positioning.
3. Delete all fields except OrderID, CustomerID, EmployeeID, OrderDate and RequiredDate
Edit form fields
4. In the application menu, access the folder “Fields”, select CustomerID and change the Data Type attribute to Select.
5. Click on the edit tab Search Edit for the CustomerID field and enter the instructions below for the SQL selection statement:
|SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName |
ORDER BY CustomerID
6. Click in the EmployeeID field and change the Data Type attribute to AutoComplete Number
7. Click the Edit Search tab for the EmployeeID field
8. Enter the instructions below for the SQL Select Statement:
|SELECT EmployeeID, LastName |
ORDER BY EmployeeID
9. In the EmployeeID field go to the Edition Lookup option and paste the SQL statement.
10. Click the Run button on the toolbar.