This tutorial shows how to use blocks in the search application.
Creating a new Grid
1. Create a new grid application using the product table.
2. Choose the Field positioning option in the application menu and choose ProductID, ProductName, SupplierID, CategoryID, QuantityPerUnit, UnitPrice and UnitsInStock.
Starting the Grid application by Search
3. Return to the initial options “Grid Modules”
4. Select the “Search” as the initial module.
5. Open the Layout folder in the menu and click Blocks.
6. Click Create new block.
7. Enter the name and label of the block.
8. Configure the two blocks according to the image below.
Assigning fields and blocks.
9. Open the search folder and click on “Advanced Search >> Select Fields”.
10. Move the ProductID, ProductName, SupplierID, CategoryID, QuantityPerUnit, UnitPrice and TotalValue fields below the Default Lock. And move the UnitsInStock, UnitsOnOrder, ReorderLevel and Discontinued fields under New Block.
11. Click on the Run button on the toolbar.