Create a Grid
First we create a grid app
Create a field
1. To display Google Maps in a grid application, we will first create a new field in the Grid.
2. Select the type of data to Google Maps.
3. Then we must edit the field settings.
4. We have 3 ways to use a Google Maps field: geocoding, latitude and longitude and URL.
Geocode: Indicates which Grid fields provide the address. It will be transformed into geographical coordinates by its location on the map.
URL: Defines the application field that contains the location url
Latitude: Sets the field that contains the latitude of the location.
Length: Sets the field that contains the length of the location.
5. In this example, we will use Geocode and select the Country, City and Address fields to obtain the location.
6. Select to display it in the Grid.
7. Then place your API key in the field.
Note: API Key is a unique key composed of an alphanumeric string (text), which is nothing more than a license to use this service. When you register to use the service, the key joins a domain and a directory on the server. All pages that use the API must be in the directory that was used to register.
If you have a web server on your machine, you only get one key for local tests, and that is to put http: // localhost in the domain field during registration.
To get your API key just log in to the site: http://code.google.com/intl/en/apis/maps/signup.html