In this example, a complete Master / Detail application will be developed, where we get a way to edit categories and products in that category.
To build this application you will create two “Unique Registration” forms. The first will be based on the category table, which will be our main application, and the second form will be based on the product table that will be the detailed application.
Creating a Detail Form
1. Create a new simple form application based on the products in the table.
2. In the application menu to access the Design folder and click on the element blocks.
3. Create a new block and change the configuration of the blocks according to the attached image.
4. In the application menu, access the “Field positioning” element.
5. Remove unnecessary fields and place them in blocks according to the image below.
6. Generate the source code of the detail form. To do this, click on the Generate Source Code button on the ScriptCase toolbar.
Creating a Master Form
7. Create a new simple form application based on the category table.
8. In the application menu to access the Design folder and click on the Blocks.
9. Create two new blocks and the blocks change the configuration according to the attached image.
Creation of the link between the master form and the detail form.
10. In the application menu to access the Master / Detail folder, then click New Detail
11. In the Name and label properties report the products and click Create.
12. Select the detail and click on the Continue button.
13. In the next step of the wizard, make the connection that links the categoryid fields of the two forms. Finally click on the Save button.
Ok, the Master / Detail form is already created, but now we will organize the fields in the Master Blocks form.
14. In the application menu, open the Positioning item.
15. Remove unnecessary fields and place them in blocks according to the image below.
16. Run the master application through the button on the ScriptCase toolbar.