This tutorial shows how to create a grid with the search function on the same page.
Creating a new grid
1. Create a new grid application using the product table.
2. Choose the Field positioning option in the application menu and choose ProductID, ProductName, SupplierID, CategoryID, QuantityPerUnit, UnitPrice and UnitsInStock.
Change the settings to display the grid and search on the same page
3. Return to the initial “Grid Module” options
4. Set Yes to Use Iframe property.
Search field settings
5. Open the search folder and click “Advanced search >> Select fields”.
6. Choose the SupplierID and CategoryID fields.
7. Click in the SupplierID field.
8. Set the Data Type property to Select.
9. Open the Search Search block.
10. Define the settings according to the image below.
11. Enable the change send option in the field behavior block. With this option enabled, the search is automatically executed when an option is changed.
12. Open the CategoryID field settings, change the Data Type property to Select and make the following changes.
13. Open the Field Behavior block and configure it according to the image below.
14. Click the Run button on the toolbar.