In this tutorial, a Grid will be created together with a Control Form in order to select the language to be used in the called application.
Selecting the Languages for the Project
1. The languages available in the Applications can be chosen when creating a Project. For existing Projects, access the ScriptCase menu > Project> Properties .
2. Once this is done, click on the Locations tab .
3. When selecting the tab, on the left side of it it will list all the languages available in your Project, on the right side will be listed the default language of the Project, and in the lower right corner a button to add more languages to the Project.
4. When selecting the “Add more languages” button, a window will be displayed for choosing the language and regional settings, select the language and regional settings and click “Add” to implement the desired language in the project. Then click on “Finish”
Creation of a Grid application.
note: If you have any questions on how to create a Grid application, go to: Creating a new Grid application
1. Create a new grid based on the Customers table.
2. Still in the application creation window, if you want a better view of the Query, select the “Fields” tab and change the Label of the fields, as shown below:
3. In the Application Menu, access the Toolbar tab .
4. Once this is done, add the option “Languages” in the Toolbar , as shown in the image below.
Creating a Control Form.
note:If you have any questions about how to create a Control Form, go to: Creating a new Control Application.
1. Create a new Control application.
2. Once this is done, in the application menu, access the Fields tab, select the New Field option , to create the fields that will be part of the Control Form.
3. When accessing the option, type “3” in the number of fields and click “Proceed” .
4. Now, create the Control Application Fields according to the image below:
Creating a Connection between Applications.
1. Still in the Control Application, select the “Application Links” tab .
2. When accessing this option, on the “Link Type” tab , click on the “Create new Link” option , and select the “Application Link” link type .
3. Then, in the “Application List” tab , select the Grid Application created earlier and click “Confirm” .
4. Once this is done, in the “Parameter Definition” tab, because the Grid Application created has no parameters, click “Confirm” to complete the connection .
5. Finally, after creating the Application Link, select the “Run application” button on the Control Form .
To see more examples created using Scriptcase, go to: Examples: Complete Systems and Applications with Scriptcase.