In this tutorial, a login form with a language selection field will be created.
Let’s start by selecting which languages will be available for the project.
1. The (languages / Regional Settings) that are available in the selector field (during project execution time) are selected at the time of project creation. It is possible to edit it, at any time, by clicking on the Project menu – Properties
2. Click on the Local tab.
3. All languages available in ScriptCase are shown on the left side. On the right side, the languages selected to be available for the current project.
Note: the messages, buttons and suggestions of the application are automatically updated to reflect the choice of the language of the end user. It is also possible to automatically translate field labels and personalized messages using the language editor. See also a tutorial on the language editor.
Creation of a report application.
4. Create a new grid based on the Customers table.
5. Click on the toolbar menu.
6. Add the languages. Function to the toolbar. A language selector will be included in the toolbar.
7. On the ScriptCase toolbar, click Generate Source.
Creating a login form
8. Create a new control form application.
9. Click on New Field.
10. In quantity type 3 and click Next.
11. Create the fields according to the image below.
Linking the control form to the grid.
12. Click on the Links folder and click on Create Link.
13. Click on Create New Link, select the link type of the edition and click Next.
14. Select the grid created before.
15. Click on the “Run application” button