In this tutorial, we show the steps to create a Form using the “Employees” sample table and the following extra resources:
- Copy button
- Multi-month Calendar
In the lower toolbar you will find the navigation buttons, search, exportation and more.
Creating a PHP Form – single record type
Note: If you wanna learn more about how to create Forms within Scriptcase, access the documentation: creating a new form
1 – Create a “Form” application using the option “Single Record” then select the sample table “Employees”.
2 – That done, if you want to customize the form fields display, select the option “Edit Fields” tab and change the name of the fields, as shown below:
Editing the Single Record Form fields
1. First, in the application menu, access the “Layout” tab and select the “Blocks” tab.
2. Now, rename the existing block to “Employee” and configure it according to the image below.
3. Then, create a new block by clicking on the “Create New Block” button and name the same “Address”.
4. Now, configure the new block according to the image below:
5. In the application menu, select the “Field Positioning” tab.
6. Once this is done, remove all fields present in the right window, except for the fields: “employeeid”, “title”, “firstname”, “lastname”, “birthdate”, “country”, “regionid”, “stateid”, “cityid” and “address” as shown in the image below:
7. Then, organize the remaining fields in their respective blocks, as shown in the image below.
8. After that, select the “Toolbar” tab.
9. In the “Top toolbar” section, include the “Copy” button on the Form, for that, just move the button to the right tab, as shown in the image below:
10. Now, select the “Birthdate” field, which is found in the “Fields” tab as shown below:
11. Once this is done, navigate to the “Values Formatting” section, and select the “Additional Months” option, to add the multi-month function to the calendar.
12. Finally, select the “Run Application” button on the toolbar to generate the Form.
After following the steps above, the Form will look like this:
To see more examples created using Scriptcase, access our examples page where you will find complete project templates and applications.