Currently ScriptCase offers the connection to the Informix through the SDK. The Informix extension comes disabled in the installer.
If you are using your own previously configured environment, you will need to enable the Informix extension in PHP.
Setting up Informix on Windows
The automatic installation already comes with the PDO Informix previously configured, only needing to install the client so that you can do the connection.
Download the instant client compatible with the architecture of your operating system, x64 or x86 bits:
Installing ClienteSDK Informix
- Unzip the file into any folder. e.g.: client informix
Unzipping the file.
- Access the CMD from your windows by searching for a command prompt in Windows Search or by pricing ctrl + r and typing cmd in the search.
Accessing Windows Command Prompt.
- When starting the CMD, access the folder where the file was saved after the download using the cd command and informing the path. Example:
Accessing the client folder.
- Then run the .exe file with the -i and GUI parameters. Example: installclientsdk.exe -i GUI__
Running the installer.
- Follow the client installation wizard, clicking next, to maintain the default installation values. Pay attention to the Security Features step.
- At this point you can choose whether or not to use a password to access the Informix Administration Application (OTA)
- Set your login and password, if you have checked the OAT password protection
OTA password Definition.
- Select NO and proceed with the installation normally.
- Proceed with the installation by clicking Done and wait for the process to end.
Finish the Installation.
Creating a Connection with ScriptCase
- Access ScriptCase using the URL http://127.0.0.1:8090/scriptcase
- After accessing ScriptCase, access or create a new project, click on the new connection icon or access “Database > New Connection”
Creating a new connection
- After that, you will see a page with all the database connections that you can create. Select a “Informix” connection
Selecting a Windows database connection
- New connection : You will place the information of the connection to your database here:
Connecting with Windows database
- Connection Name : Defines the name of your new connection.
- DBMS Driver : Allows you to select the Informix PDO drivers.
- Server/Host (Name or IP) : Insert the name or IP of the server where the Windows database is located.
- Database Name : Inform name of the database.
- Username : Inform the user to access the Windows database.
- Password : Inform the password to access the Windows database.
Test Connection : Displays a message of the status of the connection if successful or not.
- For more options on connecting, click on the Advanced tab:
![ Advanced setup for the Windows database][conexao_avancado_all] Advanced setup for the Windows database
- Decimal Separator - Select the separator type, between a dot or a comma.
- Persistent Connection - Persistent Connection are connections that do not close when finishing a script.
Use the schema before table name - Allows the use of schema before the name of the tables.
- Filter : Accessing this tab, we can setup which tables will be listed on this connection:
Filtering the Windows database
- Show - Allows the display of the the filters on the tables, views, System Tables and procedures.
- Tables - Allows to setup the display of Tables from your database.
- Views - Allows to setup the display of Views from your database.
- System Tables - Allows to setup the display of System Tables from your database.
- Procedures - Allows to setup the display of Procedures from your database.
- Searches - Allows to define which tables and Owner will be displayed.
- Tables - Allows to define a prefix (prefix%) or name of the tables for display.
- Owner - Allows to define the owner of the tables for listing.
- Show - Allows to define what will be displayed or not from the table an owner’s setup.
.png .png [conexao_avancado_all]: ../../../../assets/images/docs/database/conexoes/avancado.png