The concept of programming is incorporated in this ScriptCase version. With the use of resources of attributes, methods and libraries. In the previous version was already possible create business rules in the applications, using this concept. The biggest difference is that now this can be realized in a more organized way, making it easier to be developed and comprehended by another developer.
The attributes are variables that has the global scope declared in the application. An attribute that can be referenced in all the methods and the application’s events.
Attributes configuration Interface.
- Attribute Name : This field allows to inform the attributes name, after typing the name just click on include. In case you want to update click on the attributes name (located on the buttons’ right side), do the necessary modifications and click on update. In case it is necessary to delete an attribute, it is necessary to do same process as the update, but when selecting the attribute, it is necessary to click on the delete button. The clear button, as the name suggests, it clears the list of all the attributes listed on the right.
To use the internal libraries just select the correspondent ( Project Libraries for example). This process allows the methods existing in the library, to be visible in all the application’s Events and Methods. See how to manage the libraries by clicking here.
Internal Libraries managment Interface
Methods are function or procedures declared by the developer, that helps when applying the routines. Using methods in the applications allows to reuse your code throughout the application, optimizing the development experience.
Creating a new method
- Give the method a name and click Create. As in the image below.
PHP methods are incorporated into the same class, so it is not possible to use two functions with the same name even when used in different methods.
- Methods can receive parameters.
- Add the amount of variables:
Defining the variables:
- Name : Type in the variable’s name.
- Type : Selecting the type of variables: For Value or For Reference.
- Value Standard : The parameter’s value used to initialize when calling the method.
References allows to create a second name for a variable that you can use to read and modify the variable’s original information.
- Editing a parameter:
- : Checking all the parameters in the parameter list.
- : Uncheck all the parameters in the parameter list.
- : Edit the selected parameter of the list.
- : Deletes the selected variable of the list.