The production environment gathers the settings essential for the functioning of the published applications. In it, the APIs used in projects and connections must be configured. It is also possible to perform some configurations basic on your web server, such as setting the PHP timezone between others
The production environment can be implemented in two ways.
- Shared between two or more projects: In this case, the settings are centralized in a single environment. The advantage is the ease in maintaining the settings, since all changes will be made in a single place.
- Individually configured for each project: In this case, each project will have its own production environment with specific settings adjusted according to the project’s needs.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages and can be adopted depending on the infrastructure and requirements of the projects in question. The important thing is to ensure that the production environment is correctly configured to guarantee the proper functioning of the applications or projects published on the server.
To publish projects and use the production environment, the following prerequisites must be met:
- Web Server configured and compatible with PHP versions approved for Scriptcase applications such as:Apache, IIS ornginx.
- PHP approved for use in the tool’s applications. Check the compatibility list on the Typical deploy and Advanced deploy page.
- Database extension used in the project connection, enables the creation of the connection.
Accessing the production environment
Access must be carried out using the browser of your choice, as long as it is compatible. Check the list below.
The default path when performing a typical deploy is:
/project_name/_lib/prodalready in the advanced deploy the directory will be defined by the developer at the time of deploy.
Examples of accessing prod in a typical deploy
Examples of accessing prod in an advanced deploy
|Firefox||Version 4 or higher|
|Opera||Version 9 or higher|
|Safari||Version 5.2 or higher|
The production environment has miscellaneous available configurations, click on the desired option to access the documentation section referring to the resource.
- Create New Connection - Allows creating connections used in the production environment. Make sure the connection name matches what is expected by the application.
- Edit Connection - Allows modifying the data of a previously created connection.
- Rename Connection - Allows changing the name of an existing connection.
- Pending connections - Lists connections for published projects that are using the production environment and have not yet been configured.
- Configure production environment - Allows adjusting various environment settings such as file lifetime, time zone, and other options.
- Applications directory - Registration screen of directories of published projects, which use the production environment.
- Incompatible applications - Verifies application compatibility with the production environment.
- Configure password recovery - Defines the email to be used for password recovery in the environment.
- Update production environment - Automatically updates production environment files.
- API - Configuration screen for APIs used in the development environment.
- Change Password - Allows changing the password of the production environment.
- Help - Link to access this documentation page.
- Diagnosis - Accesses the diagnostic file of your environment, where you can view server configurations.
- Logout - Performs a secure logout, ending the session in your production environment.