The process of creating a project is very simple and intuitive, this process is divided in 5 steps that’ll be detailed below.
All projects created will be displayed within the option Project list . The project will be displayed according to the user’s permissions.
Start – Configuring the Project
Inside the project creation interface you have two options: Create a blank project or to import a project using a system template.
List of all the options to create a project.
In this tutorial you will see the steps to create a blank Project.
First, it is necessary to name the project, the project name must contain 1-32 alphanumeric characters, without space neither special characters. The other information, such as description and image, are optional, they will just be displayed inside Scriptcase project list.
- Project Icon - You can select a project icon for display purposes in the project list. This field is not required, and may be changed after creation inside project properties.
- Project Name - The name of the project is required for its creation. The project name must contain 1-32 alphanumeric characters, without space neither special characters.
- Project Description - This where you’ll give a brief description of the project and it’s not required, also able to inform after the creation of the project.
In this step you should select the languages that’ll be available for the system development.
Scriptcase can easily create multilingual systems. You just need to add more than one language in this step of the project. All the languages you choose will be available to be used within the project, you must to choose one as standard. You can also have the same language more than once using different regional settings.
Scriptcase will automatically translate and apply the regional settings to your project applications (for buttons and internal messages for example). You can also use another tool from Scriptcase called Data dictionary to import and translate your database fields. You will be able to see, create or customize the messages inside the menu > Locales > Application languages.
- Language - List of languages that are used in the projects.
- Regional Settings - Contains the standard regional settings for the selected language. Regional Settings allows you to define some parameters of monetary units, dates and numbers according to the country or region where your application will be used.
- Charset - Sets the character encoding format that will be used in the application. This encoding must be the same used in your database. By default, the charset is filled according to the language, and may be changed after creation in project properties.
- Default - Sets the project default language. Project applications will be performed and displayed using this default language, it can also be changed individually within the application settings.
- Delete - Removes the language of the project. In this way the language removed will no longer be available. It may also be included or deleted after the project creation within the Menu > Project > Properties.
After selecting the language, regional setting and charset, click “Add” and then “Save” to move forward.
Scriptcase offers some ready themes available for you to apply to your project applications. The themes are going to define the visual presentation (layout and CSS) of your applications.
In the themes selection you can choose more than one theme for your project. You can also customize or create new themes inside the projects by accessing the menu Layout > CSS Application (Themes).
- All - Lists all the available themes for use in your project.
- Scriptcase - Lists all Scriptcase standards themes.
- Public - Lists all themes defined in the Public level.
- Selected themes - Lists the themes selected for use in the project.
To add a theme to your project you only need to select it, then it is going to be listed inside the selected themes. You should select a theme to be used as default, for this click on the “default” icon of the selected theme. The default theme will be the one selected every time you create a new application, you will be also able to select a different one according to the options available within the selected themes.
During the connection creation Scriptcase will listed all database systems according to your license. If you’re evaluating Scriptcase will display all database systems available. You have to select your database and proceed to the next step to inform the database connection details.
The information required to connect is different for each database. In this example we’ll be using MySQL. To learn more about other connections please access this link.
Database connection details.
- Connection Name : Define the name of the connection. You will not be able to change this name in the future.
- DBMS Driver : Defined as MySQL PDO. It can also be MySQLi.
- Server/Host (Name or IP) : Enter the IP of the server where the database is located. If the database is on the same machine of Scriptcase you can use the IP 127.0.0.1 __ or localhost. If the database is
- Port : Define the port of the connection that’ll be used. By default, the port is 3306.
- User : Inform the username that you’ll use to connect to your Database.
- Password : Inform the password that you’ll use to connect to your Database.
- Database Name : Click on the “List Database” and select the desired Database.
- Test Connection : Displays the connection status if it succeeded or not.
The project has been created successfully with the basic settings, and now you can create the applications. Visit the Applications menu to learn more about each application and to see the steps to create them.