The applications can have two types of fields.
Columns of the table connected to the application and their data types.
In a table with the following structure:
CREATE TABLE `orders` ( `orderid` int(11) NOT NULL, `customerid` varchar(5) NULL DEFAULT NULL, `employeeid` int(11) NULL DEFAULT NULL, `orderdate` date NULL DEFAULT NULL, `requireddate` date NULL DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`orderid`) USING BTREE );
These are the listed fields on left menu Fields:
How to synchronize table fields with a form
Anytime you add/delete a field or change its data type, you have to synchronize your form application with the connected table to apply that changes.
For more information, click here.
Fields created inside application to assist in the development process.
How to create a virtual field
- Inside an application, access the left menu Fields and click on New Field option.
- Choose how many fields do you want to create:
- Create the fields and define type, name and label for each one:
- Type: Data type of the field.
- Name: Internal name of the field. Used to identify the field on events and Scriptcase interface.
- Label: Title of the field displayed on the application.
Scriptcase doesn’t insert virtual fields on the table after its creation.
Types of fields by applications
|Application||Table Fields||Virtual Fields|
The applications Menu, Tree Menu, Dashboard and Blank were not listed because they haven’t manage fields.